The Green Boot Camp blog had a great post this week on greening your break room (or teacher’s lounge, etc.). She lists a number of great ideas to help business settings cut out waste. Don’t forget a refillable water solution instead of plastic bottles! And of course, pitch in to wash up.
- Mattress: SPLURGE. Well, I’m thinking about it anyway. We have a moderately priced mattress that we’ve hated from Day 1 … and that was three years ago.
- Men’s dress shirt: SPLURGE … ish. My husband’s Land’s End no-iron dress shirt is the best. But my very favorite is to get splurge shirts for cheap.
- Chef’s knife: SPLURGE … ish. We have a great Santoku from Target. But I disagree with their saying you only need one chef’s knife … our two are frequently in use.
- Women’s shirts: SKIMP. “Cute tops from H&M will go out of style before they fall apart,” they say. Not to mention stains and stuff …
- Overcoat: SPLURGE. Again, splurge on sale. My overcoat was originally priced at $300-something, but I paid $29 at Macy’s.
- Accent chair: SKIMP. Um … I don’t have room for accent chairs in my home, so I just say no.
- Table linens: SKIMP. Definitely. Anything that is guaranteed to stain is a “skimp” in my book.
What say you?