This week, my new reader at Focus Organic honored my blog with the Arte y Pico award. She writes:
The “Arte y Pico” award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing or artwork in all medias. When you receive this award it is considered a “special honor”. Those who receive it are then supposed to choose at least 5 other blogs to honor with the award.
I believe Arte y Pico means, roughly, “Art with a point” or “style with a point,” so here are my five blogs that embody substance AND style to me:
- My sister’s card-and-craft blog, Stamping Through the Tulips. It’s always bright and sunny over there.
- Sheepwreck is a fascinating blog for those wool-obsessed, as the author tries out and analyzes the spinning process with various breeds of wool. If your eyes just glazed over with that sentence, it’s not for you. Those who gasped with excitement are already gone … aren’t you? Hello? Hello? I thought so.
- If you wonder what it’s like to start up a little farm in all its guts (literally, this week) and glory, A Homesteading Neophyte is just the thing. She could use a good word right now, and she deserves one.
- This page is called What Lila Sees. It’s a set of photos taken by the child of a college friend of mine with whom I recently reconnected on Facebook. People thought we were sisters because of our hair and eyes. We found it amusing. Now we are both writers … although she is a major globetrotter who has not even had time to give me the update I so richly deserve. But the pics are lovely.
- An erstwhile writing colleague referred me to Fluid Pudding long ago. (Yippee! An opportunity to use the word “erstwhile”!) She writes, very amusingly, about the insecurities and odd situations that make up most of our lives, except most of us aren’t so very amusing.
Read and enjoy.
And now we’ll return to our normal programming.