On Tuesday, we talked about what to get others. But what does the green-lover on your list want for Christmas? Here are some great ideas …
- Reusable bags that match and look nice, if the recipient is stylish. Be sure to propose an excellent home for the old bags.
- A nice collection of compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.
- Beeswax candles.
- Local, raw, organic honey.
- A Diva Cup.
- GreenDimes to eliminate junk mail.
- Carbon offsets.
- A green cleaning service.
- A bike — or the goodies to make a bike more usable, like lights, a good lock, a helmet, or panniers.
- Car-share gift certificate or a bus pass.
- A gift certificate for a restaurant trying to do right by the environment, like Chipotle. (Their gift cards are plastic, but at least they are corn-based plastic.)
- And Mr. Cheap says … Local food – an artisanal bread, cheese, beer, wine. Get to know your community’s tastes — and it’s consumable, so it’s not cluttering up your home.
Pitch in your ideas here, too!